Arnab Goswami Wiki (education, age, controversy, salary, caste, family, case
Arnab Goswami Wiki
You must have seen the news channel on TV, and you have also seen Arnab Goswami on the news channel Republic TV. Arnab Goswami is posted as the Editor-in-Chief of Republic TV and is also the current President of the News Broadcasting Association. Arnab Goswami is very famous for his impeccable interviews and comments.
Despite being associated with journalism, his name is very famous in India, and everyone from leader to actor likes to go to his shows and give interviews. Today we are going to tell you about some known and unknown facts of his life here.
|Name||Arnab Ranjan Goswami|
|Other names||Arnab, Arnav|
|The profession||Journalist, news anchor|
|Birth||7 March 1973|
|Birth place||Guwahati, Assam|
Arnab Goswami Birth and Family
Arnab Goswami, who chose journalism as his career in 1995, was born in Guwahati, Assam. He lived in Guwahati with his parents. Goswami’s father has served for the country in the Indian Army, who later joined the BJP, India’s political party. His mother Good Morning Game Swami is a writer.
Many members of Arnab Goswami’s family have held good positions such as his grandfather Rajinikanth Goswami as a lawyer and his maternal grandfather Gauri Shankar Bhattacharya has served as an MLA in front of the opposition leader of Assam.
Arnab Goswami Family Information
|Wife||Samyabrata Ray Goswami|
Arnab Goswami Education
Arnab completed his studies from different schools in India because his father was a soldier in the army. However, he did his secondary examinations from St. Mary’s School in Delhi Cantt and later went to the Central School of Jabalpur Cantonment to complete his senior secondary studies.
After obtaining a BA Honors degree in Sociology from the Hindu College of Delhi University, he joined Saint Anthony’s College Oxford University England for a master’s degree in Social Anthropology. Arnab has been a Felix scholar at Oxford University. In college, he fell in love with a girl named Samyabrata Ray Goswami, after which he married her. Now they also have a cute son.
Arnab Goswami Journalism Career
- Arnab Goswami was very fond of journalism. He started working with Kolkata’s English newspaper named The Telegraph but could not work there for one year and came to Delhi.
- He then got a chance to join NDTV in which he resumed his career by anchoring News Hour.
- After some time, Arnab started anchoring in this program also heard the news broadcast on Delhi Metro.
- During the year 2004, Arnab won Asia’s Best News Anchor Award at the Asian Television Awards for Anchoring News Night.
- He left NDTV in 2006 and then rejoined Times Now News Channel as Editor-in-Chief. On this channel, a program was presented in his hosting, which was named Frankly Speaking with Arnab . During this show, he interviewed eminent personalities like Benazir Bhutto, Hamid Karzai, Dalai Lama, Hillary Clinton, and Narendra Modi.
Perhaps he was not happy with Times Now, so he left the channel on 1 November 2016 due to political issues such as freedom of journalism and editorial differences.
- He then joined Republic TV in which he is still present as the Managing Editor. He has reached this stage today, showing hard work of his life and showing interest in his work day and night.
- Through his journalism, he exposed many of his views among the people, although he also had to go through many controversies in his life.
Arnab Goswami’s life award
- In 2008, Arnab Goswami won the Ramnath Goenka Award for excellence in journalism.
- Arnab Goswami was awarded the NDA Award in 2012 for News Television Editor-in-Chief.
- Arnab was unanimously elected the President of News Broadcasting Federation on 8 December 2019.
Arnab and Republic TV
Arnab started Republic TV after joining several channels which were funded by Asia Net which started on 6 May 2017. His channel invested mainly in Asia Net, the then independent Rajya Sabha member Rajiv Chandrasekhar, who is also a member of the BJP party at present and was the vice-president of the National Democratic Alliance in Kerala.
Rajiv Chandrasekhar resigned as director of Asia Net after officially joining the BJP. The TV news channel started by Arnab is highly popular despite much controversy. It is the only English news channel in Asia that had consistently held the number one position for 100 weeks, before which no news channel had achieved this position.
Arnab Goswami controversy
- Arnab resigned on 20 April 2020 as a member of the Editors Guild of India on Live Television accusing Shekhar Gupta, the president of Republic TV, citing several reasons.
- Shashi Tharoor accused Arnab and Republic TV that he had a hand in the death of his wife, Sunanda Tharoor. For this, he also applied in the High Court.
- After the death of Sushant Singh Rajput in the year 2020, Arnab has shown this case several times on his news channel with a new angle, due to which he has been in a great controversy. Arnab made a lot of headlines by interviewing Ankita Lokhande.
Q: How much does Arnab Goswami earn?
Ans: 1.4 crore every month, 383 crore net worth annually.
Q: Who is the wife of Arnab Goswami?
Ans: Samyabrata Ray Goswami
Q: Who is Arnab Goswami
Ans: is an Indian TV anchor and journalist.
Q: Which case is going on in Arnab Goswami?
Ans: Sunanda Pushkar death case